3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- Want to learn how to use big data for nutrition research? See our joint wkshop with @emblebi http://t.co/qR6d7ysOZ1 Early bird 28 Apr
- RT @nutrevolve: @NutritionSoc doing awesome stuff! MT"Want to learn how to use big data for nutr research? See wkshop with @emblebi http://…
- Want to learn how to use big data for nutrition research? See our joint wkshop with @emblebi http://t.co/qR6d7ysOZ1 Early bird 28 Apr #tweko
- @l_benson @SohailMushtaq Great stuff and thanks for submitting your abstract. We'll reply to all submitters bu mid May
- RT @_MFSmith: Now published: Our study on barriers & facilitators to eating a med. diet in England http://t.co/fp4JpoGNIL @NutritionSoc @bb…