3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- Book by 7 Nov to get up to £70 off attending our Winter Conf on #nutrition, #ageing and muscle loss @RoySocMed http://t.co/Y2HidtVMpw
- @pennutrition and qualified nutritionists too
- RT @TheDairyCouncil: Free ‘Diet & Sustainability’ conference in London on Tues 28th. Limited availability. Details: http://t.co/BBxc23wsS8 …
- RT @An_Apple_A_Day_: @NutritionSoc catching up with the latest in my British Nutrition Journal and a cup of tea #interesting #Nutrition #sc…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Getting a nutrition goal is great, but we need a more ambitious target http://t.co/BkqHukOmZN via @…