3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @ion_nutrition: We have a space hopper, but @nutritionsoc & @cass_ellis1 have #HaileGebrselassie. We no longer have the coolest nutritio…
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: NS team were very excited to bump into Haile Gebrselassie in the corridor @sportexercise @NutritionSoc http://t.co/hFAW2Z…
- Final day of @sportexercise #ISENC - Q&A with 27x world record holder Haile Gebrselassie @HaileGebr and Jos Hermens http://t.co/RcS2tpnKRG
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Exercise can improve satiety from the same meal and improve appetite control. @NutritionSoc @sportexercise
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Dr Hopkins - no evidence that men respond better to exercise for weight loss despite common perception. @NutritionSoc @spo…
Training & Education: View