3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: BBC2 weighs up personalised dieting | News | Broadcast: http://t.co/8zPhZcSShg
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Why the UK's official healthy food guide needs changing after 20 years http://t.co/YuUIIlLA7S
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Researchers urge retailers to replace kids’ ‘eye level’ junk food http://t.co/AfXgGJ6hvz via @FoodN…
- @Laura_Wyness great stuff Laura. Look forward to seeing you there
- RT @Laura_Wyness: Delighted to have abstract accepted for Nutrition Society conference! #sarcopenia @NutritionSoc
Training & Education: View