3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- Looking forward to hearing Dr Dariush Mozaffarian from @TuftsNutrition deliver the Rank Lecture at our conf next week http://t.co/b4YIDVkiue
- Discount membership offer: save 50% on your membership subscription. Find out more - http://t.co/umgZxIbyI7 @AFN_UK_ @Society_Biology pls RT
- Congrats to all who were awarded best OC presentations at the Nutrition at Key Life Stages conf. Read http://t.co/TtQrDc4ThI #NSISCork15
- Are you a member? Yes, then we want to hear from you. Complete our survey sent to you via email on 24 June. Have your voice heard!
- Listen to 2014 Cuthbertson Medal winner on what winning meant to him https://t.co/2ejEcGI10Z To apply http://t.co/LxJhqbY9Sr @OfficialNIHR