3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @FoodMattersLive: Meet #Registerednutritionists at #FoodMattersLive2015 - looking forward to working with @NutritionSoc @AfN_UK_
- RT @DrCarrieRuxton: New review in NRR reporting worldwide trends in dietary sugars - intakes mostly stable or decreasing http://t.co/ekZep4…
- RT @HNRC_NclUni: HNRC Researcher will present at the 'Dietary Assessment Methods workshop' in March - further details http://t.co/UC8aF0xX6…
- Book by 5 Feb for early bird discounts on our Statistics & Dietary Assessment workshops. See http://t.co/g4VjwwnVWg @AfN_UK_
- RT @AfN_UK_: Thanks @cmpidgeon @HelenMunday @NutritionSoc for retweeting the AfN Manifesto call! #makingnutritionapriority