3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @WheelerSimon: @Jessica_Raneri There are some ongoing initiatives in this area: @NutritionSoc is currently helping to build http://t.co/…
- RT @Foodanddrinkfed: FDF's Kate Halliwell named Nutrition Society Council Member http://t.co/kh36OdkNuU @NutritionSoc
- Do you need help with the next stages of your career? Attend our Postgrad Conf & be inspired - http://t.co/ceyQJhkusd @AFN_UK_ pls RT
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: 73,000 new food and drink jobs in England and Wales http://t.co/kp7Ba1YfZV via @FoodManufacture
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Eco-Friendly Start-Up Sells Ugly Fruits and Veggies - D-brief http://t.co/VSvqJiS8bE