3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- Programme now available for Bioinformatic workshop in June - see agenda & secure your place here https://t.co/9oY05D1pOp @emblebi
- New paper on sleep, circadian rhythms & body weight in PNS by Prof Westerterp-Plantenga from #rolesofsleep2015 conf https://t.co/rIGboj2lAJ
- The Dairy Council have produced a booklet on iodine in dairy products - download free here: https://t.co/eL1hp7cEcx @TheDairyCouncil
- New meta-analysis in BJN finds link between eggs & type 2 diabetes- but only if you live in USA https://t.co/P5HmVZ23gU @CUPAcademic
- Programme announced to provide you info on how to analyse experimental data on chemical ontologies & more- https://t.co/NFGEDWp6i3 @emblebi