3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- Refresh your nutrition stats knowledge at our wkshop. Early bird expires 3 Aug - http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg @sheffielduni @sheffhallamuni pls RT
- RT @ChemistDirect: @DrCarrieRuxton @NutritionSoc Thanks for sharing Dr Ruxton;understanding meal patterns is crucial &we all need to be edu…
- We are pleased Dr Graham Horgan will host 4 Sept workshop. Book to refresh stats knowledge - http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg. @BioSScotland pls RT
- Are you a nutrition postgrad student? Would like career support & present your research? Visit - http://t.co/h1eMfNuNm3 @NutSocPGConf
- RT @wwaterlander: @nzherald See our full paper on #ultraprocessed foods in #NZ supermarkets here: http://t.co/aTsiOPH6ev Published in @Nutr…