Structure of the Nutrition Society
The Nutrition Society is a registered charity (Number: 272071) and is governed by a board of Trustees (Honorary Officers). The Council of the Society is responsible for advising Honorary Officers on policy, external relations, governance, spending and income-generation.
Elected Honorary Officers are responsible for the business of the Society:
- Honorary Treasurer
- Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Programmes (Meetings) Secretary
- Honorary Publications Officer
- Honorary Scientific Officer
- Honorary External Relations Officer
- Honorary Training and Education Officer
- Honorary Public Engagement Officer
- Honorary President - Elect (for the 12 months prior to Presidency)
Three positions of Theme Leaders have been created to develop innovative outward-facing functions for the Society.
The Council of the Society comprises of:
- Honorary Officers
- Secretaries of the Scottish Regional Section and the Irish Regional Section
- Student Member of Council
- Member - Public Health
- Member - Policy
- Member - Medical
- Member - Industry
- Member - Animal Nutrition
- Member - Academic
- Ordinary Member x 2
Most of the Society's staff are based at our Headquarters in Hammersmith. The Nutrition Society employs 9 people to manage its day to day activities.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @CambridgeJnls: Carbohydrates: Friends or Foes #nutrition @NutritionSoc http://t.co/Lj05y7MyVi
- RT @NutSocUWSU: @Cass_Ellis1 @NutritionSoc Great to see is at @UniWestminster! #UoWNutrition
- RT @BNFEvents: BNF's next conference: New perspectives on #infant #feeding and #obesity April 28th http://t.co/Jbck8ul7ny @nutritionsoc @B…
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Great networking opportunity over coffee during the break of @NutritionSoc stats workshop... http://t.co/dtZlfmh46x
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Full house at the @NutritionSoc stats workshop... Just learnt that stats is actually the study of variability.