The Nutrition Society was established in 1941 ‘to advance the scientific study of nutrition and its application to the maintenance of human and animal health'.
Highly regarded by the scientific community, the Society is the largest learned society for nutrition in Europe. Membership is worldwide but most members live in Europe.
Membership is open to those with a genuine interest in the science of human or animal nutrition.
What The Nutrition Society Does
- Training & Education
- Public Engagement
- International Affairs
Rules and Articles of Association
Opportunities To Get Involved
Members can take part in many aspects of the Society's work:
- Nominate yourself or a colleague in Nutrition Society elections
- Join one of the Section committees if based in Scotland or Ireland
- Act as a Liaison Representative for your university
- Submit a symposium or topic idea for a Nutrition Society conference
- Contribute to external consultations on policy issues
- Submit an article idea for YOURnutrition
For more information, please email the Nutrition Society office.
Latest Twitter feed
- Book by 7 Nov to get up to £70 off attending our Winter Conf on #nutrition, #ageing and muscle loss @RoySocMed http://t.co/Y2HidtVMpw
- @pennutrition and qualified nutritionists too
- RT @TheDairyCouncil: Free ‘Diet & Sustainability’ conference in London on Tues 28th. Limited availability. Details: http://t.co/BBxc23wsS8 …
- RT @An_Apple_A_Day_: @NutritionSoc catching up with the latest in my British Nutrition Journal and a cup of tea #interesting #Nutrition #sc…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Getting a nutrition goal is great, but we need a more ambitious target http://t.co/BkqHukOmZN via @…