The Nutrition Society was established in 1941 ‘to advance the scientific study of nutrition and its application to the maintenance of human and animal health'.
Highly regarded by the scientific community, the Society is the largest learned society for nutrition in Europe. Membership is worldwide but most members live in Europe.
Membership is open to those with a genuine interest in the science of human or animal nutrition.
What The Nutrition Society Does
- Training & Education
- Public Engagement
- International Affairs
Opportunities To Get Involved
Members can take part in many aspects of the Society's work:
- Nominate yourself or a colleague in Nutrition Society elections
- Join one of the Section committees if based in Scotland or Ireland
- Act as a Liaison Representative for your university
- Submit a symposium or topic idea for a Nutrition Society conference
- Contribute to external consultations on policy issues
- Submit an article idea for our Blog section
For more information, please email the Nutrition Society office.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Look forward to my Media & Social Media wkshop (6 Jul). Do you know what a storyhouse is? Come find out, 2 spots left …
- RT @DrFrankLipman: RT @DrAseemMalhotra: As @damongameau discovered all calories are not the same! #sugar promotes fat storage & hunger! htt…
- RT @FAOKnowledge: #Foodwaste in NENA region is high &contrib to reduced food availability. Reduction strategy http://t.co/IMSEESB3uV http:/…
- Are you a scientist or clinician at early stage of your career? Apply for the Cuthbertson Medal & be recognised - http://t.co/LxJhqbY9Sr
- Limited discount offer: Save 50% off your membership fee. Join today! Find out more here - http://t.co/1Y0bLVq2bZ